BAC Comments on Proposed Changes to the LCFS
August 11, 2022||Recent Policy Updates
BAC submitted comments to the Air Resources Board on proposed changes to the Low Carbon Fuel Standard Program, including:
- Support for increasing the carbon intensity requirement for 2030 and establishing 5-year interim targets between 2025 and 2045.
- Need to prioritize fuels that reduce Short-Lived Climate Pollutants to meet the requirements of SB 1383.
- Adopt incentives to support instate biofuels generated from organic waste.
- Support adoption of sustainability criteria for biofuels.
- Need to add “book and claim” for hydrogen and electricity generated from biogas, consistent with the RPS.
- Need to accurately account for avoided landfill emissions.
Read BAC’s comments on proposed changes to the LCFS: